- Promotes healthy-looking, smooth skin.
- Reduces the appearance of scars and skin imperfections.
- Enhances mood.
- Frequently used in meditation for its grounding and uplifting properties.
Aromatic Description - Woody, dry, sweet
Collection Method - Steam distillation
Plant Part - Wood
Main Constituents - α-santalol, ß-santalol
Sandalwood is a name given to a class of fragrant woods that, unlike other aromatic woods, can retain their fragrance for decades. Both the wood and oil have been highly valued for centuries. Sandalwood was traditionally used as an incense in religious ceremonies and for enhancing meditation. Sandalwood is very beneficial to the skin; it can help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections and it promotes a healthy, smooth complexion. Sandalwood has a sweet, woody aroma that can enhance mood and is frequently used in meditation for its grounding effects.
- For an at-home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply one to two drops of Sandalwood to your face and cover head with a towel. Place your face above the steaming water. Your skin will feel nourished and rejuvenated.
- Apply one to two drops to wet hair to help restore moisture and give hair a silky shine.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food additive use: Dilute one drop in 125 ml of liquid.
Topical use: For massage, mix 5 drops with 10 ml carrier oil. For bath, mix 5 drops with 5 ml carrier oil. For perfuming, mix 1 drop to 10 drops carrier oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas