- Promotes healthy-looking, smooth skin
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
- Enhances mood
- Frequently used in meditation for its grounding and uplifting properties
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Rich, honey, sweet, woody
Main Chemical Components: α-santalol, ß-santalol, lanceol
From a renewable source in Hawaii, dōTERRA’s amazing Sandalwood essential oil delivers a variety of beneﬁts, including smoothing skin and enhancing moods. With thousands of years of documented use, this oil has a high value to many users. Hawaiian Sandalwood has a rich, sweet, woody aroma that instills calmness and well-being, making it a perfect oil to incorporate into massage or aromatherapy. Sandalwood is very soothing and beneﬁcial to the skin, making it highly sought after in body and skin care products. Hawaiian Sandalwood can reduce the appearance of skin imperfections while providing an overall youthful-looking complexion. In addition to being soothing and beneﬁcial to the skin, Hawaiian Sandalwood provides these same effects to mood, helping to lessen tension and promote emotional well-being.
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer or night cream for smooth, glowing skin.
- Add 1–2 drops to a hot bath to promote relaxation and lessen tension.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 125 of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.