Skin is one of the first things others notice about you, and is probably the first thing you notice about yourself as you get out of bed and stare into the mirror every morning. If you have bad skin, you are probably aware of the effect it can have on emotional and mental well-being. Clear, beautiful skin is more likely to grant you greater confidence, positive self-esteem, and overall happiness. Follow these seven steps to achieve glowing skin that is sure to make heads turn.
1. Get good-quality sleep: Don’t only focus on the number of hours to sleep; focus on the quality of sleep to get. Use Vetiver, doTERRA Serenity®, Lavender, Bergamot, and Roman Chamomile to help provide a restful night’s sleep.
2. Exfoliate: Do this twice a week with a good scrub to help maintain a smooth texture on the skin surface and create a youthful glow. Try using the Reveal Facial System two times throughout the week to remove any dead skin cells from the surface of the skin to create a smooth surface for make-up application. Make sure to follow up with a good moisturizer, such as doTERRA’s Hydrating Cream, Verage® Moisturizer, Anti-Aging Moisturizer, or HD Clear® Facial Lotion.
3. Relieve stress: Stress can cause dehydration, increase facial blemishes and wrinkles, and also take away time that could be spent focusing on achieving clear, healthy looking skin. Stress levels can by reduced by meditating, breathing deeply, exercising, getting a massage, and taking time to relax. Use Petitgrain, Lavender, Clary Sage, Basil, Cilantro, Coriander, and Citrus Bliss® essential oils to help combat stress.
4. Drink more water: Drink at least eight glasses of water each day to help rid your skin of toxins and help it regain the radiance and moisture it deserves. Try adding Lemon, Spearmint, Wild Orange, Grapefruit, Lime, or Peppermint essential oils to your water for added flavor and benefits.
5. Use good-quality skin products: doTERRA offers a diverse line of gentle, natural skin care products to help you get the beautiful, smooth skin you deserve. Try these different skin care lines: Verage Skin Care, HD Clear Facial Kit or Essential Skin Care.
6. Take vitamins: Healthy skin starts when you first take care of your health. What you put into your body will reflect itself on your skin. Try the doTERRA Lifelong Vitality Pack® which offers over 55 mg of omega-3s, a blend of 210 mg of plant-sourced fatty acids, vitamins A, C, E, an energy complex of B, and potent levels of natural botanical extracts that support healthy cell function.
7. Eat healthily: Diet affects not only your internal health, but also the health of your skin. Diets that are high in sugar can make the skin look older, and in contrast, diets comprising mostly of fruits and vegetables can give you the nutrients you need to better protect the skin.